Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Leisure Set to Release Jack Ketchum's OFFSPRING

Leisure Books has become the leader in paperback horror. They have done it one author at a time: Richard Layman, Douglas Clegg, Brian Keene, Jack Ketchum, Graham Masterton and so many more I can't begin to think of them. Which brings me back to the point: Jack Ketchum.

Jack Ketchum is one of their better talents, and they have been doing a tolerable job of getting some of his older out-of-print titles back into print in affordable mass market paperback editions. Last summer they published Off Season, the summer before The Girl Next Door, and before that they brought She Wakes back into print. Not bad. Now we just need to get Jack to write a few new ones to go along with the vintage.

Fortunately, until Jack writes something new, we have his older work--much of which we, at least I, have never seen let alone read--and this summer, June to be precise, Leisure is scheduled to release Offspring. Offspring is the sequel to Ketchum's classic novel Off Season.

I haven't read Offspring, but I've heard about it. And I hear it rocks. At least I hope it rocks. I'll find out soon.

No comments: