Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Nowhere Man -- Main Theme

It's the first day of my last semester, and to cheer me up--I also just looked at the syllabus for my Corporate Income Tax class and so I really need cheering up--I took a cruise through YouTube, and of course found something pretty darn cool.

In the mid-1990s the fledgling network UPN green lighted a series called Nowhere Man. It starred Bruce Greenwood, and it was one of the coolest shows on television. I watched every episode when they originally aired, and then waited patiently (I only threw two or three tantrums) for its release on DVD. Unfortunately it only made it one season, and the conspiracy theory I started about the lost season two being released is nothing more than a vicious hoax.

This clip includes the introduction as well as the end credits. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more about this show. It made me a fan of Bruce Greenwood. And it was done about the time of another cool show I enjoyed, Lazarus Man, with Robert Urich, which was canceled when he was diagnosed with cancer. Two shows that died way before their time.

RJR

Ben Boulden said...

I hate to admit it, but I can only vaguely remember Lazarus Man--I don't know if I saw an episode or only the advertisements for it. I worked evenings for several years and I missed a slew of television and just about everything else to.

I did like Urich--he lived not far from me (not far being me in the poorest part of Salt Lake City, he in the boomtown of Park City) for several years and I had, heck still do, a proprietary feeling towards him.

Ben