Saturday, January 24, 2009

Book Trailer: THE ATTRACTION by Douglas Clegg

The Attraction is a mass-market paperback released by Leisure Books in 2006. It contains two novellas. The first is the title piece, "The Attraction" and the second is titled "The Necromancer." "The Attraction" is the better of the two stories; it is a straight forward slasher-type horror yarn (I've always wanted to use that word) that reminded me more than a little of a high quality slasher horror film mixed with something Richard Laymon would have written. The description and location is spot on: As I read it I could feel and smell and the desert heat.

The Attraction is probably the last Clegg title I've read and yesterday when I bumped into the trailer on You Tube, I had to ask myself why? He's a pretty damn good writer and while his current vampire series doesn't intrigue me most of his early work is really terrific.

No comments: